When, how and why I got started

WHEN

I've been going to the gym really irregularly for at least two years now. Sometimes I was there once a week, maybe twice, and sometimes I could not bother to go at all. I had no program, no nothing, and did not train with heavy weights. To be honest I had no idea what I was doing. Of course, you can not get far with no strategy at all, so all those times at the gym were completely wasted time. I also did some cardio, but only in summer, but again I had no idea how anything affected my body. 

It's now been two months since I made a proper program (with some help, of course), and started to go to the gym four times a week. 

Two months (that feel like two minutes) have already caused progress. 

HOW

To get started I needed a push - and that push was my boyfriend. Having someone to train with and to boost you on was a necessity. We had both been thinking about serious training for a while, but something stopped us from actually starting. 

It needed nothing more than a mutual decision, and we made gym programs for us both. I started by going to the gym with a friend that had been training much longer, and with her decided the best exercises and weights for me. It was instantly clear that I wanted to lift, not just do cardio and "tone" my body. Squats, deadlifts, push-ups, leg press and other full-body movements were pretty easy to learn, and they became the foundation of my program. 

I also started to watch my diet. I have always eaten moderately healthy, and my program is not to loose weight. Because of that, I don't watch my calories, just eat pretty healthy. Treats are allowed and I'm really happy with my diet right now. 

WHY

My main reason why I decided to change my lifestyle was the want to be stronger. After following other fitness blogs and accounts for a while I was envious of them and wanted to do stuff like they did. I couldn't even do one pull-up, for god's sake!

I also was not comfortable with my looks. My arms were (and still are) thin as sticks and I wanted a lot more muscle mass. There's no other way to get it except to train and that I was surely going to do. I can honestly say I'm already seeing progress, not much, but some.

---

So far going this has been a decision I'm very happy I made. I really like training and pushing myself to new limits every time. In just two months I have already broken a record in nearly every exercise I do. Can't be sad about that! 

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit